nspluginviewer problem

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jun 16 20:15:37 BST 2003

On Monday 16 June 2003 01:21, George Staikos wrote:
> On Sunday 15 June 2003 16:52, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I'm using mainly KDE_3_1_BRANCH and I have major problems with the flash
> > plugin. On some pages it works (e.g. http://www.janullrich.de), on others
> > it doesn't (http://www.withfullforce.de)
> > Where it doesn't work, cpu usage goes up to 100% used by nspluginviewer.
> > Konqy hangs in NSPluginInstance::resizeEvent() in the call
> > resizePlugin(), which is a dcop-call to the nspluginviewer.
> > The resizePlugin() finally hangs in _KDE_IceTransRead(), then I got lost
> > in the preprocessor stuff.
> > I'm using Blackdown Java 1.3.2 (does this matter ?) and
> > "Macromedia Flash Player 6 for Linux
> > Mozilla Plug-in and Standalone players
> > Update Version 6.0r79
> > 4 March 2003"
> > So, basically, the nspluginviewer doesn't seem to answer and the call
> > doesn't seem to timeout.
> >
> > Are there known fixes in HEAD ? Where ?
>
>   Please file a detailed bug report against nspluginviewer and I'll
> investigate when I get the time.  Basically the two branches of CVS are in
> sync with regards to nspluginviewer, and I have yet to find a site that
> doesn't work for me with flash, though some things such as liveconnect are
> not supported.

Ok, will do it soon.
One question still: which parts are related to the nspluginviewer ? (my
sources are a wild mix of different more or less up to date versions:
kdecore, kdeui, dcop, kparts, khtml, libkonq, konqueror, kjs, nspluginviewer
are current KDE_3_1_BRANCH, the rest not so current HEAD)
What else has influence on nspluginviewer ? Does the java version matter ?
Which version is recommended ?

Thanks
Alex