nspluginviewer problem

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Jun 16 00:21:31 BST 2003

On Sunday 15 June 2003 16:52, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> I'm using mainly KDE_3_1_BRANCH and I have major problems with the flash
> plugin. On some pages it works (e.g. http://www.janullrich.de), on others
> it doesn't (http://www.withfullforce.de)
> Where it doesn't work, cpu usage goes up to 100% used by nspluginviewer.
> Konqy hangs in NSPluginInstance::resizeEvent() in the call resizePlugin(),
> which is a dcop-call to the nspluginviewer.
> The resizePlugin() finally hangs in _KDE_IceTransRead(), then I got lost in
> the preprocessor stuff.
> I'm using Blackdown Java 1.3.2 (does this matter ?) and
> "Macromedia Flash Player 6 for Linux
> Mozilla Plug-in and Standalone players
> Update Version 6.0r79
> 4 March 2003"
> So, basically, the nspluginviewer doesn't seem to answer and the call
> doesn't seem to timeout.
>
> Are there known fixes in HEAD ? Where ?

  Please file a detailed bug report against nspluginviewer and I'll
investigate when I get the time.  Basically the two branches of CVS are in
sync with regards to nspluginviewer, and I have yet to find a site that
doesn't work for me with flash, though some things such as liveconnect are
not supported.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/