khtmltests/xml regressions & oddities

David Joham djoham at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 04:07:11 BST 2003

Hello all,

In doing some tests, I've found that Konq is failing a couple of the tests in khtmltests/xml. I've
also noticed something odd in that one of the tests looks like it has a .css file associated with
it but that .css file is never used. Are these known issues or should I log a bug? I'm using CVS
from yesterday.

Regression Specifics:
csstest.xml is failing to use the stylesheet when rendering the XML
loadxml.html is always returning "Error: DOM Exception 5" when clicking on the load links

Oddities Specifics:
xmlparser.xml has a stylesheet, but no reference to it in the xml.

I'm also curious about the possibility of the following features being added into Konq for 3.2

1) when loading a file that is XML that has no stylesheet, embed the xml inside a katepart that
has the nice XML code folding rather than trying to render it as HTML. This is a really nice
feature of IE and Moz that I would think should be easy to do.

2) native client-side XSLT using maybe libxslt (http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/)

Thanks!

David