Welcome to another KHTML browser!

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Fri Jul 18 10:43:08 BST 2003

Am Freitag, 18. Juli 2003 05:49 schrieb George Staikos:
> As announced today on http://www.yellowtab.com/ and http://www.osnews.com/,
> YellowTab has selected KHTML (via a port of Apple's WebCore and
> JavaScriptCore) for use in their OS and API.  They are investigating the
> possibility of implementing KHTML as the renderer of their built-in browser
> as well.  Hopefully we will be able to work with yellowtab to integrate
> fixes back into KDE's KHTML as well!

I'm delighted to hear that KHTML usage is spreading. But what I consider
troublesome is that we get more and more branches of khtml.

First there's the original KDE khtml, then there's Apples WebCore branch, and
now with YellowTab a third branch will emerge.

When I made an attempt to merge WebCore code into khtml I realized that it
takes time to do it right, much more time than I have available. I really
hope for a common repository which all khtml branches are merged into one
day, so that only one line of development will exist in the future.

mfg
	Leo