Konqueror delete unification

David Hugh-Jones hughjonesd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 09:52:35 BST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 08:35, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 July 2003 09:26, David Faure wrote:
> > I think the idea described in
> > http://urbanlizard.com/~aseigo/Trash_system_messages is more complete (it
> > includes the ability to see the date of deletion, and to restore the mtime
> > of the file when restoring it, etc.), and it fixes those problems.

I read this urbanlizard stuff. It is very interesting. But I also
remember how I used to get infuriated because Konqueror created a
.directory file on remote servers to store thumbnails and directory
metainfo. I don't think I like the idea of sprinkling hidden files about
remote file systems. Especially when those files are trashed! Consider
this:

* I delete a file which contains a password or other sensitive data
* the file is still there, on the remote filesystem and possibly in a
web-accessible directory.

Dave