Konqueror delete unification

Jos van den Oever kdelists at vandenoever.info
Wed Jul 16 08:19:41 BST 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 03:22, David Hugh-Jones wrote:
> Suppose I am logged in on runlevel 3 (no KDE). How do I find and look at
> the files in my trash?

find -name .*.to_be_deleted

For the root of my system with NFS mounted home with 4Gb of files this takes
1.7 minutes. Not annoyingly long when only cleaning your disk ever so often.
It should be even faster if a .trash_username directory was places as low as
possible in the mounted tree.

After reading the old email exchange with the GNOME developers [1], I wonder
what the status is of what was discussed there in GNOME. I just verified (for
myself) that KDE 3.1 really moves files to the trash dir.

[1] http://urbanlizard.com/~aseigo/Trash_system_messages