Konqueror delete unification

David Hugh-Jones hughjonesd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 17:42:37 BST 2003

Hi Mike,

Well, like I said, we had a long usability discussion and then I wrote
the patch! So, if you want something different, you are going to have to
write a different one.

That said, I am not sure I am convinced by your arguments.

(1) I know there are many users who like the ability to store files in
the trash, or decide not to. With this patch, you can still do that. It
just is a keyboard shortcut not a RMB action.

(2) I don't think it is going to be possible to "intelligently" decide
when to issue this "file too big" warning. It depends too much on
different user preferences, box configurations etc.

Dave