Konqueror delete unification

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 14 16:30:05 BST 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, David Hugh-Jones wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 15:25, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> >
> > Well don't do that then! My point is not copying at all, only a mv in the
> > same partition, nothing intelligent about that (large file was just an
> > example how annoying it can be if it's copied, compiled/installed source
> > packages can be even more annoying if you forget about force delete).
>
> You've lost me. I thought we were discussing how to decide whether to
> delete or trash files? Tell me what you are proposing, your ideal system
> for what happens when a user hits "delete" on a file.

I was afraid that would happen (that's why I emphased it two times
before that it's not about your patch/delete vs trash).
Ok, my ideal system (read PC with multible disks/filesystem, LAN,
slow fish/ssh remotes), would use trash w/o ever copying files, only mv it
to a trash dir on that same fs or delete it.
Note, that I'm not trying to discourage you developing this. Only that,
with current trash impl., I'm never gonna use trash if 'delete'
disappears from the rmb menu because I do most of my work on other fs than
that of $HOME (and that shared vfat example was for showing that
non-developers might have this problem too).

Koos