kfm application dialog

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Tue Jul 8 10:28:11 BST 2003

Am Dienstag, 8. Juli 2003 07:03 schrieb Dietmar Stein:
> Hi
>

> Sorry for asking this on the devel mailling list ...

Accepted, but don't do it again ;-)

> If I start kfmclient exec $HOME and double click a document, a dialog opens
> asking with which application I want to open the document and if I want to
> use this application everytime.
>
> Where is this information written to?

Under $KDEDIR/share/applications (for KDE >= 3.2) or
$KDEDIR/share/applnk/<somesubdir> for KDE 3.1 and lower. Simply change the
.desktop files to suit your needs

> I want to add this document/application relation by script to a couple of
> users and I don't want to do it all manually ...

If you change the files in the above mentioned directories, you only have to
edit them once, and they take effect for all users. If you want to add
changes for specific users only, you have to change/add the files for each
user to his $KDEHOME/share/applications resp.
$KDEHOME/share/applnk/<somesubdir> ($KDEHOME is usually $HOME/.kde)

> Thanks, Dietmar

hth
	Leo