Java plugin support for Weblogic

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 7 20:07:43 BST 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Samuel Penn wrote:

> Koos Vriezen said:
> > On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Samuel Penn wrote:
> >> Debug attached. It's complaining of a bad magic number, so
> >> I guess it thinks the class file is corrupt. However, since
> >> it works with Mozilla, I'm assuming it's something to do with
> >> how the class is loaded in Konqueror (related to the use of
> >> JSSL perhaps?).
> >
> > If this page requires authentication, then the bad applet is actually a
> > html error page. KDE 3.1.2 supports basic http authentication for
> > applets, cookie based is not supported.
>
> Yes, the page requires authentication. It actually consists
> of two frames - one with the applet, the other plain HTML.
> Both require authentication, but the HTML one works fine.
>
> Embedded applets in the 'plain' HTML page also fail (I think -
> they used to before I started playing around with the Java
> settings).
>
> I'll give that a quick test tonight, then raise a bug report,
> assuming it hasn't already been reported.

Don't know, but it's a known deficit in kjas. I've already sent a patch
for this to this list a few months ago (setting up a
URLStreamHandlerFactory class and using kio for the io), but I started to
doubt if it's worth the effort to finish it. We might as well start
looking at the new plugin.jar that comes with 1.4.2 ..

Koos