Java plugin support for Weblogic

Samuel Penn sam at bifrost.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 09:31:15 BST 2003

Koos Vriezen said:
> On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Samuel Penn wrote:
>> Debug attached. It's complaining of a bad magic number, so
>> I guess it thinks the class file is corrupt. However, since
>> it works with Mozilla, I'm assuming it's something to do with
>> how the class is loaded in Konqueror (related to the use of
>> JSSL perhaps?).
>
> If this page requires authentication, then the bad applet is actually a
> html error page. KDE 3.1.2 supports basic http authentication for
> applets, cookie based is not supported.

Yes, the page requires authentication. It actually consists
of two frames - one with the applet, the other plain HTML.
Both require authentication, but the HTML one works fine.

Embedded applets in the 'plain' HTML page also fail (I think -
they used to before I started playing around with the Java
settings).

I'll give that a quick test tonight, then raise a bug report,
assuming it hasn't already been reported.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.