size of mouse pointer

Wolf-Dieter Klotz klz at ornl.gov
Fri Jan 24 13:17:05 GMT 2003

Hi

We are using RedHat 7.x as OS for our consoles in the accelerator
control system for the
Oak Ridge Spallation Neutron Source (http://www.sns.gov/). Typically one
console (we have in total 7 of them) is equipped with three large
display screens on which one workspace is split up with a special
hardware. On these large screen surfaces we have a problem of finding
the mouse cursor (because it is too small) with tyred eyes. That happens
especially in the early morning after a long night shift. I have tried
to replace the cursor bitmap, which is the standard 16x16 icon, with a
32x32 bitmap icon with the command "xsetroot -curor big-curor
big-cursor-mask". On Gnome, WindowMaker and good old Motif mwm that
works very well. But on KDE this does not work!! The cursor stays small!!
What has to be done to increase the cursor on KDE ???

Hope to find an expert that knows the answer ...

--
Wolf-Dieter Klotz
SNS Project, 701 Scarboro Rd.