Fwd: Re: [KONQ_E_1_0_BRANCH] Javascript memory leak partially resolved

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at virgilio.it
Fri Jan 17 10:07:15 GMT 2003

> I think this is a wrong attempt. IMHO you should waste more time on porting
> khtml v3 to Qt2. This is mostly trivial as far as it concerns Qt/E, and you
> will benefit from all the fixes in khtml immediately.

I started this project already in kdenox HEAD. with a few defines and ifdefs
it was straightforward to get kdelibs HEAD compiled with the old Qt.

I have on my hard disk a version of kdenox that builds against
qt3.0 and kdelibs3.0. Currently it does not work (it crashes when loading a
page), but it should not be too hard to fix it...

Qt2 is probably a better choice for kdenox at the moment, however.

Would you accept patches for khtml and kjs to make them work with that?

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro// My public GPG key can be  /"\ ASCII RIBBON
               \X/ found at wwwkeys.pgp.net   \ /   CAMPAIGN