KDirLister keeps mounted devices in use

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Thu Jan 16 12:35:01 GMT 2003

On Thursday 16 January 2003 10:58, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Thursday 16 of January 2003 01:41, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > >  There's no need for heuristic in the solution. Is the directory on a
> > > temporarily mounted device? Yes -> don't put it in the cache. Or more
> >
> > Why not cache it? We don't want to dirwatch it, but we do want to have it
> > in the cache, no?
Actually, it is cached.

>  I thought having a dirwatch for cached items is there for a reason? How is
> useful something cached if you don't know if it's still valid?
We cache it and set the validity to false. So if someone requests the dir it
will be listed immediately, the update job is launched after this.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience