KDirLister keeps mounted devices in use

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Wed Jan 15 12:30:02 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 11:24, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Where's the patch :) ?
Oh, on kde-cvs :)

> But I think it will require both mtab and fstab (do
> all systems have both of them?).
No idea, but I think so.

> IMHO it could work this way:
> - the dir is not in mtab -> ok, not mounted
This case should be basically impossible, no? Everything (except the new
devfs) is mounted.

> - the dir is in mtab but not fstab -> not ok, manually mounted
> - the dir is in mtab and fstab and it has noauto option -> not ok
> - otherwise (mtab&fstab and doesn't have noauto) -> ok
Indeed, that should catch all cases then. Still, I can't finish the
implementation as I don't know about AIX and BSD implementations of
get[fs,mnt]ent.

Here's the patch to implement the above. I think it should be backported if
someone does the AIX and BSD implementation. Also, this stuff still has to be
#defined.

Untested, I have to go to university now.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience