KDirLister keeps mounted devices in use

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Jan 15 10:24:21 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 14 of January 2003 22:08, Michael Brade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this time the code is done; still, it doesn't work as expected because mtab
> doesn't hold the noauto option! :-((
>
> Now we have a problem: a sysadmin may label all of his mount points with
> "user" to give flexibility, or, OTOH, a sysadmin could define "noauto" but
> not "user" and use a suid script to mount /floppy or /cdrom. Still, I think
> "user" is the only option we can check for that works at least for
> nonbroken, standard systems.
>
> Any objections? Otherwise I'd commit.

 Where's the patch :) ? But I think it will require both mtab and fstab (do
all systems have both of them?). IMHO it could work this way:
- the dir is not in mtab -> ok, not mounted
- the dir is in mtab but not fstab -> not ok, manually mounted
- the dir is in mtab and fstab and it has noauto option -> not ok
- otherwise (mtab&fstab and doesn't have noauto) -> ok
(where dir of course actually means dir prefix or something like that)

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org