Preview bug(s) in 3.1rc6

Chris Kuhi ckuhi at interwoven.com
Fri Jan 10 13:43:38 GMT 2003

On Friday 10 January 2003 12:57, Chris Kuhi wrote:
> I just wanted to check whether these bugs are known.  A cursory search of
> bugs.kde.org didn't turn it up so I wanted to check here before entering.
>
> Environment:
> Pentium III
> SuSE Linux 8.0 (with the SuSE 2.4.18-4GB kernel)
> qt-copy from yesterday
> KDE 3.1-rc6 compiled with konstruct

One important addition.  I just realized I had activated the optimizations in
the gar.conf.mk file, namely:
-O2 -pipe -malign-functions=4 -fomit-frame-pointer -mfancy-math-387
-mcpu=pentiumpro

This probably means that it's a false alarm.  I'm recompiling now without
optimizations to see how it goes.

> 1) Selection of 'View->Preview->HTML Files' seems totally broken.
> Initially, I noticed that when I uncheck HTML Files, the icons briefly
> switch to no preview, then they go right back to preview.  Further
> checking/unchecking of that entry seems to show no discernible pattern,
> i.e. at some random point the preview is turned off, then maybe back on on
> the next iteration, then it remains the same for several more clicks (of
> Preview->HTML Files).  There seems to be no correlation between the
> checkmark and the state of the preview mode for HTML files.
> 2) The 'preview' is a text preview, though the files are correctly
> identified as HTML files.

regards,
--
Chris Kuhi