Win32 Port of Safari

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jan 9 15:26:39 GMT 2003

On Thursday 09 January 2003 15:23, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> It doesn't seem that it will be that difficult to support VC++, for some
> definition of support. Most of the stuff is working. They only major
> departure that I have found so far is the lack the variable argument macros.

My experience with Windows compilers is from quite a while ago (and mostly
Borland too), but if I'm not mistaken they _do_ support macros with
arguments, but only if the identifier and the parameter are not separated by
whitespace.

Taking the first thing I saw in khtml:

rendering/render_object.h:#define KHTMLAssert( x )

If you change that to

#define KHTMLAssert(x)

(i.e. without spaces between the parentheses) this might work.

Also, I don't think anyone would be opposed to such a minor change in KDE CVS
if that's enough to get the baby to compile.

But first, please try and see if it helps :)
--
Martijn