Proposed KTabWidget Code

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Thu Feb 20 16:59:41 GMT 2003

On February 20, 2003 12:46 pm, Zack Rusin wrote:
> So basically If someone else says that they will use this widget then
> after correcting the two above mentioned problems you can commit to
> kdeui and if no one steps up then probably keeping it in Kopete is the
> best idea.

Actually, I may want to withdraw my withdrawl :)

I looked at the Konq tabs patch, and it is very Konq- specific code (no new
KDELibs widget). So, if Konq will be using that, this is fine. However, I took
a look at the KDevelop code as well, and it too is duplicating this code to the
letter almost (they even have the files named the exact same :o)

I suspect any other KDE tabbed app would also be duplicating this code, because
it is pretty much the only way to get a right click context menu for a tab.

Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org