adjust zoom stepping & KZoomAction improvements

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Thu Feb 20 14:52:48 GMT 2003

Hello,

I want to make konqueror usability better so I improved the KZoomAction
zooming code:
- changes description of zoom action from "Font Size +n" to "z%" (where z is
the relevant zoom factor from the zoomSizes[] array)
- changes code to use zoomSizes[] instead of the strange math.
- reduces the zoomSizes[] to only contain sizes compatible to mozilla: [ 20%,
50%, 75%, 100%, 120%, 150%, 200%, 300% ]*

Look at the attached patch for the proposed changes.

Rationale:
- Since khtml 3.0 real text zooming is supported, so "Font Size" does not
reflect the correct status of implementation. There's no i18n freeze either.
- The stepping of zoom sizes is too small. I have to click magnify much more
often than in mozilla to achieve a readable font size (In mozilla clicking**
twice changes the zoom factor to 150% which is sufficient for making many
mini-font pages readable. In konqueror one currently needs to click five(!)
times to achieve an equivalent zoom level). I think it's a win for usability
not to have such fine grained zoom level steps.

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions. I'd like to commit the changes
next week if no strong reason emerges to not do it.

mfg
	Leo

* 20% and 300% are not part of mozilla's zoom factors but the limits for
khtml, so I left them in
** I know there's no zoom button in moz but I used the term »clicking« for
analogy (Ctrl++ is used in moz)