kdelibs/khtml

Peter Kelly pmk at kde.org
Mon Feb 3 03:36:33 GMT 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Feb 2003, Peter Kelly wrote:
>
> > I'm working on some other namespace/prefix stuff at the moment, I'll fix
> > it as part of that.
>
> Interesting. Any details, i.e. could you tell us about it first? :)

I'm still going through some of the finer points of the DOM spec and
writing some testcases for create* methods. There's a few things we don't
do correctly wrt. some of the namepspace related properties of elements
and attributes. Basically

- We're getting the case wrong in some cases with attribute names, in
HTML these need to be lowercase. The spec doesn't talk about case mapping
of attribute values (only elements), and mozilla always returns html
attribute names in lower case. Some of the DOM testcases rely on this too.

- createAttributeNS() isn't setting the namepaceURI on the node properly.
I'm not sure yet why this is.

- createElementNS() when used in a html document is uppercasing the
element names even when they are in a different namespace

- createElement() sets localName, but the spec states this should be null

- The prefix stuff that I broke before. I'll add a prefixId -> name
mapping in DocumentImpl similar to what we're doing for element names.

I'm also planning to use a dictionary for doing id -> name lookups instead
of the array iteration we're using currently.

--
Peter Kelly
pmk at kde.org