Fwd: Konqueror + REMOTE_ADDR + php

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Sat Dec 13 09:16:33 GMT 2003

Am Samstag, 13. Dezember 2003 09:36 schrieb David Faure:
> Anyone knows something about this? Please CC eric at cgt.fr

> Subject: Konqueror + REMOTE_ADDR + php
> Date: Friday 12 December 2003 23:48
> From: Eric DUVAL <eric at cgt.fr>
> To: faure at kde.org
>
> HI,
>
> Konqueror : 3.1.3
> KDE : 3.1.4
> Debian : 3.0r1
> PHP : 4.3.3
> Kernel : 2.2.23
>
> I have a problem with variable REMOTE_ADDR into script PHP.
> // printf("R_A : %s", $_SERVER["$REMOTE_ADDR"] );
>
> This variable is empty only with konqueror 3.1.3.
> With other navigator (Netscape, Mozilla, ...) no problem.
> Do you have an idea ?

Is the printf-line copied from your code?  Then you should
IMHO try
printf("R_A : %s", $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] );
(without the second dollar sign).

I don't see how $_SERVER["$REMOTE_ADDR"] can work with any browser.
$REMOTE_ADDR normally evaluates to either null or to the IP address.
In both cases, looking up that key in the $_SERVER array will normally return null.
Strange if you get anything else than null with other browsers.

I just tested with my Konqueror (CVS HEAD version) and the
variable $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] is set alright.
I dumped the variables with the following little test script:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

I'd try this script with your Konqi-Version and search the output for REMOTE_ADDR...

Cheers,
Christian.