Java applets and ConfigureRequest

Leon Bottou leon at bottou.org
Sat Dec 6 22:22:43 GMT 2003

On Saturday 06 December 2003 11:48 am, you wrote:
> instead of sending a ConfigureNotifyEvent (tried setting the x and y to
> zero too, like Leon suggests, but that didn't help - shouldn't this be
> fixed btw.), the dimensions are set correctly.

This ConfigureNotifyEvent always seemed deeply suspicious to me.
On the other hand, what Koos says makes good sense.
When receiving a ConfigureRequest, we should configure
the window like a honest window manager.

I do not know what is going on regarding the border width.
(I am flying away for one week on Monday).  Instead of forcing
a border width of zero, we probably should leave it as it was.
Otherwise we might disturb the toolkit of the client application.

> Another thing is that calling XConfigureWindow blocks jvm
> for a second or two (XFlush didn't help).

Strange. Maybe this forces a relayout of all the widgets ?

- L.