AW: bugfix KHTMLPart::started(KIO::Job *job)

Grimm, Cornelius grimm at valudo.de
Wed Aug 27 13:31:04 BST 2003

Hi!

> When you download a file (text, or image etc.), the job's
> percent() and speed()
> signals do represent something valid, which we show to the user.
>
> In KHTML's case, the loading of the HTML is only a very small
> part of the overall
> total. See the code at the beginning of slotProgressUpdate().
> We don't want the job's percent() signal to compete with the
> KHTMLPart's
> own progress signal (the one that goes through BrowserExtension).
> Konqueror would keep jumping between the two values.

Ok, I see. My problem is, the signal "complete()" sometimes is emitted
before the page is completely loaded and parsed. I don't know if this is a
bug, this sometimes happens if the loaded page takes a long time (I do a
"sleep(10)" in my php test page) and I didn't find out why yet. And I can't
really count on the progress signal, too.

> > And another question, could someone give me some feedback
> if this is the
> > right way for me to submit bug fixes?
> Yes.

Ok, thanks... :-)