bugfix KHTMLPart::started(KIO::Job *job)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 12:45:02 BST 2003

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 11:08, Grimm, Cornelius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the end of KHTMLPart::openURL( const KURL &url ) the signal
> "started(...)" is emitted without parameter, but I think it should pass it's
> job (d->m_job) as parameter.
The reason we don't pass the job, is that for KHTMLPart the job isn't representative
of the overall progress of the loading.

When you download a file (text, or image etc.), the job's percent() and speed()
signals do represent something valid, which we show to the user.

In KHTML's case, the loading of the HTML is only a very small part of the overall
total. See the code at the beginning of slotProgressUpdate().
We don't want the job's percent() signal to compete with the KHTMLPart's
own progress signal (the one that goes through BrowserExtension).
Konqueror would keep jumping between the two values.

> And another question, could someone give me some feedback if this is the
> right way for me to submit bug fixes?
Yes.