HTMLInputElement::click()

Grimm, Cornelius grimm at valudo.de
Wed Aug 20 16:18:14 BST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to implement HTMLInputElement::click(), because I'm needing it.

The following code might be a good starting point, but it does not call any
onclick handlers, though I think it should.

Does anybody know how I could call an onclick handler (if there is one)? I
could call KHTMLPart::execute(this, ...), but I feel that's not the nicest
way... ;-)

This is the code sniplet, and something equal could be used for
HTMLButtonElement::click().

html/html_formimpl.cpp, lines 982 ff.:
[snip]
void HTMLInputElementImpl::click(  )
{
  // ### todo: check for onclick handler here...
  switch(inputType()) {
  case HTMLInputElementImpl::SUBMIT:
  case HTMLInputElementImpl::IMAGE:
    activate();
    break;
  default:
    break;
  }
    // ###
#ifdef FORMS_DEBUG
    kdDebug( 6030 ) << " HTMLInputElementImpl::click(  )" << endl;
#endif
}
[snap]

Bye,