Porting KHTML to other platforms

Henrik Mikael Kristensen henrik at webz.dk
Tue Aug 19 16:03:07 BST 2003

<citat hvem="Dirk Mueller">
> On Sam, 16 Aug 2003, Henrik Mikael Kristensen wrote:
>
>> I posted this email to kfm-devel and to Lars Knoll, but got no response.
>> gather those are the wrong places to post things like this, because it
>> doesn't really belong under normal KDE development. :-)
>
> kfm-devel is the right place.

Thank you very much. I can tell you what we want to do:

We want to port the KHTML engine as well as KJavascript. Those are then
supposed to be contained in dynamic libraries, which will be downloadable
from our site.

The libraries will have an API which we will design and will be completely
open and documented.

This makes it possible for everyone else to develop applications around
KHTML.

The port will be general, which means it must be compilable for AmigaOS
3.x, 4.x, MorphOS and AROS. We want it to be native, so we have to
separate it from QT, as we don't have that on the Amiga. This might be
where we'll need some help on the nuts-and-bolts of KHTML.

When KHTML is done, we'll build a new webbrowser around it.

That's basically what we want to do. :-)

--
Regards,
Henrik Mikael Kristensen