Cut, Copy context menu in konqueror

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Aug 12 21:01:05 BST 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 10:37:15AM -0400, jwsacksteder at ramprecision.com wrote:
> >well actually. on second thought. you make a point.
> I try.
> >certainly if we just show the item "copy" when text
> >is selected it can't be that bad.
> An excellent compromise. I had not considered that the 'context' of the menu
> could be interpreted two ways- operations I can perform on this page, or
> operations I can perform on this piece of text I have selected. If those are
> separate menus, then items in each can be more targeted and useful.

I will be hated here. Sigh.

Please look at Mozilla. Although distance between Gecko and KHTML was
reduced almost to none (but still exists!) with development of KHTML in
last year, Mozilla was really improved in terms of usability. Moz
solutions can (and should) be shamelessly copied. In 90% of cases it
will be improvement. The last 10% is a "problem" of Konq as Everything.
Example:
Konqueror - Add Bookmark
Mozilla - Bookmark This Page

Moz phrase is much more descriptive and easier to understand. But for
Konq this won't work in File Manager context. Solution:
Bookmark This Location - this string can be used everywhere.

m.