Konqueror RMB popup menu & khtml referrer

David Faure dfaure at trolltech.com
Tue Aug 12 10:43:28 BST 2003

On Monday 11 August 2003 13:36, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > I don't like this idea very much. KFileItems tend to be created in very
> > large number, and when listing /usr we really don't need a referrer per
> > item (ok an empty QString is only 4 bytes, but still...). I feel that
> > KFileItem is much too low-level for this kind of information.
>
> It doesn't cause any overhead, see attached patch.

Eeek :)

> > So I'd suggest
> >   void popupMenu( KXMLGUIClient *client,
> >                   const QPoint &global, const KURL &url,
> >                   const URLArgs& args, mode_t mode = (mode_t)-1 );
> >
> > (Note that the URLArgs ship the mimetype already, in the "serviceType"
> > member).
>
> Fine with me as well. I didn't want to add yet another popupMenu signal since
> we have so many already.

Yes. I think the question now, is which signals should we deprecate for KDE-4.0,
in order to clear this up a bit.
I think the 2nd one deprecates the 1st one (one could pass client=0L),
and the new (5th) one, deprecates the 3rd and 4th.
So in KDE 4 we could be down to 2 signals only, one for a URL and one for
a list of KFileItems.

Thanks,
David.