login-out and konqueror

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Thu Apr 24 07:08:15 BST 2003

On tisdag 22 april 2003 18:54, Klaus Niederkrueger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As a user of KDE 3.1, who connects with a modem to the internet, there is
> a thing, which I would like to see implemented:
>
> I often download a big article into konqueror from the web and then I hang
> up the modem. Then maybe I read half of the article and suddenly I have to
> leave or something, so I log out of KDE. The next time I log back in, KDE
> opens all applications from the last session, but since I'm not connected
> to the internet, konqueror tries to download the web page again, but fails
> and gives an error message.
>
> So my idea would be that when logging out, Konqueror archives the webpage,
> and the next time you log in, it first checks if there is an internet
> connection --- if yes, then download the old link, if not, show the
> archived web-page instead.

Great idea!

But maybe it should always use the archieve (cache - most stuff should be
there anyway...)

Why?

I have ADSL (0.5 Mbps) and I often log off with several web pages opened.
So when I logon all these windows want to download all their contents at once.
This takes quite some time...

If they instead opened their cached contents and then verified it for
consistency - it would speed up start up quite a lot.

(I do also have some pages in the Autostart folder - they could use the same
 approach)

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson