login-out and konqueror

Klaus Niederkrueger kniederk at MI.Uni-Koeln.DE
Tue Apr 22 17:54:58 BST 2003

Hi,

As a user of KDE 3.1, who connects with a modem to the internet, there is
a thing, which I would like to see implemented:

I often download a big article into konqueror from the web and then I hang
up the modem. Then maybe I read half of the article and suddenly I have to
leave or something, so I log out of KDE. The next time I log back in, KDE
opens all applications from the last session, but since I'm not connected
to the internet, konqueror tries to download the web page again, but fails
and gives an error message.

So my idea would be that when logging out, Konqueror archives the webpage,
and the next time you log in, it first checks if there is an internet
connection --- if yes, then download the old link, if not, show the
archived web-page instead.

I guess the right thing would be to implement this myself, but since I
have no clue about the inner workings of KDE, I have to ask you to do
this.

Thanks a lot

	Klaus

BTW: I'm not on this mailing list.