Problems with HEAD and latest version of HierMenus

David Joham djoham at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 16:27:28 BST 2003

Hi Dirk

> I don't know, but the bug should be elsewhere. is there a somewhat smaller
> testcase somewhere?

Not yet, but I'm trying. I haven't been able to get a smaller test case that recreates the problem
yet. Everything I try seems to work fine. I'll keep trying though.

> Its probably worth backporting the fix from HEAD to 3.1 branch so that it
> works there too. I'm not too fond of adding hacks around konqueror bugs to
> these javascript menus.. they tend to cause problems as soon as Konqueror is
> fixed.

Agreed, assumming we can find a fix :) The problem is minor and doesn't impact usability a whole
lot. Worst case is that the last part of the menu gets cut off. I also don't think that this form
of the menus is used very often.

I'll hack on this some more tonight and see if I can get that recreation going. Considering the
pain of getting the menus to work in the first place, this is a walk in the park :)

David