Open Source Request

OSS-Linux/GHP at ghp-cs.de OSS-Linux/GHP at ghp-cs.de
Fri Apr 11 14:47:55 BST 2003

Dear Sir or Madam,
we  are  presently  developing  a  study on the subject "Open Source in the
public
administration",  the  study  include  a  general survey of the current and
future
software solutions which are working on open source based systems.

The whole potential of a "Linux landscape" can only be demonstrated
with the help of an adequate basis of information.

This  is  why,  as  a  part of our study, we will also give a review of the
existing
software  solutions.  The  catalogue  will  mainly offer an overview of the
capabilities
and  the  fields  of  application  of  open  source software as a basis for
persons in
charge and decision makers in the public sector.

We  are  planning to incorporate your software in this catalogue, including
the
most important pieces of information. Due to the fact that you know your
software  best,  we  would  like to ask for your support with the questions
outlined
in the form below.

Please take a few minutes to fill out the form and to send it back to us.

We would be happy to provide an electronic version if you send an email to

 oss-Linux at csar-ag.com.

(See     attached     file:     Questionnaire.doc)(See    attached    file:
Questionnaire.sxw)

|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
|       Name        |      name of the product      |
|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
|  Current version  | number of the current version |
|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
|     Category      |   Field of application (for   |
|                   |  example: network, desktop,   |
|                   |administration, data base, etc.|
|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
|     Homepage      |              URL              |
|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
|  Description of   |   A description of the most   |
|     function      | important functionalities and |
|                   |the field of application. This |
|                   | description should fill more  |
|    - features     |        than one page.         |
|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
| Operating system  | Declaration of the supported  |
|                   |       operating systems       |
|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
| Groups - support  |      Declaration of the       |
|                   |   possibilities of support    |
|                   | (groups, commercial provider) |
|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
|  Provider ? main  |Declaration of provider or main|
|      authors      |            authors            |
|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
|      License      |      License (GPL, etc.)      |
|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
|   Certification   |  Certification and hardware   |
|                   |            support            |
|-------------------+-------------------------------|
|                   |                               |
|      Comment      |   special explanatory notes   |

Every support is really appreciated and many thanks for your time

Yours sincerely

C_sar AG

C_sar - Consulting, solutions and results AG
Am Borsigturm 46
D-13507 Berlin

E-Mail    : oss-linux at csar-ag.com
Internet  : www.csar-ag.com