Strange favicon behaviour

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sat Apr 5 20:31:06 BST 2003

I noticed something strange about favicons recently.  Go to a site that has a
favicon with a big white background, such as cnn.com or haskell.org.  Notice
the rather ugly favicon in the title bar, or in the bookmark bar if you have
a bookmark for it.  The favicon retains this white background.  However, now
hit CTRL+F (find).  Notice that the titlebar has the favicon, but the ugly
background is gone!  Are we loading the icon differently here?  If so, can we
get this (imho better) loading code into the other areas too?

--
George Staikos
 ...  Yes, my KDE talk at Real World Linux was cancelled on me.