problems with java applets and non latin1 encoding

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 29 20:19:57 BST 2002

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Till Krech wrote:

> But I see two other problems:
> - I cannot type any hebrew characters into the applet textfield
> - foccussing is again messed up with jre 1.4.1

Testing with a page with a HTML FORM text field and two applets with a
TextField, works fine in JDK 1.4.0_01 but in JDK 1.4.1 only one applet
seems to get keyboard events. Even the location bar of konqueror doesn't
work any more. Strange, the blinking cursor does move between the text
boxes. Maybe jvm doesn't release the keyboard...

Koos