A regression at www.mobilmania.cz

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Oct 30 12:00:51 GMT 2002

On Mit, 30 Okt 2002, Pavel Troller wrote:

>   I really don't understand - the original page renders OK in mozilla, but
> my test case renders wrong even in it.

then its not a testcase ;-) There must be a different problem.

>   The problem is located in the javascript. It generates (loads from external
> site) its own table but it is incorrectly nested to the html tree - it seems
> original file, which causes de facto that it (the second table) is embedded
> into the right column, which is wrong.

Nope, its correct. the ad code embeds a table that is not closed. hence all
contents afterwards is moved in front of the table. every browser does that.

if you add the missing </table> after </script> it works in all browsers.

>   I did also a more simple test case, showing a similar problem:
>   http://sinux.sinus.cz/~patrol/scripttest.html . There is just one table
> containing a text element, this script and another text element, all this
> separated by <br>'s. I don't know why but the actual rendering is different -
> the first text element, the second one, and at the end, the script result.
> Why is the order changed ?

because the table in the external script isn't closed. you can verify this
very easily:

My table top
My table bottom

All browsers render this fragment the same.

--
Dirk (received 248 mails today)