A regression at www.mobilmania.cz

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Wed Oct 30 07:19:54 GMT 2002

> > And it really worked before ? (i.e. it is in fact a regression ?)
> >
> > can you please do a testcase?

Hi!
  So there is the test case: http://sinux.sinus.cz/~patrol/mobilmania.html .
I must apologise first - I was wrong when I told that it is a recent
regression - now this problem appears in 3.0.3 konqueror too. However, there
were cases when in 3.0.3 it was OK and in CVS wrong. They probably changed
something on their pages.
  I really don't understand - the original page renders OK in mozilla, but
my test case renders wrong even in it.
  The problem is located in the javascript. It generates (loads from external
site) its own table but it is incorrectly nested to the html tree - it seems
original file, which causes de facto that it (the second table) is embedded
into the right column, which is wrong.
  I did also a more simple test case, showing a similar problem:
  http://sinux.sinus.cz/~patrol/scripttest.html . There is just one table
containing a text element, this script and another text element, all this
separated by <br>'s. I don't know why but the actual rendering is different -
the first text element, the second one, and at the end, the script result.
Why is the order changed ?
  Maybe the script is wrong - but I don't know how to verify it.

                                            With regards, Pavel Troller