bad feature

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Oct 27 02:31:55 GMT 2002

On Friday 25 October 2002 17:03, Keunwoo Lee wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Dawit A. wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 October 2002 14:30, Keunwoo Lee wrote:
> > > and closing Konqueror doesn't wipe the cookies.
> >
> > Wrong.  True that was the case before, but starting with KDE 3.1 session
> > cookies are properly treated as such. Infact there is even a feature to
> > allow you to treat "all cookies" as session cookies so that they are
> > deleted when you close konqueror.  Of course there still might be bugs,
> > but those should be reported so they can get fixed.
>
> Hmmm, does that mean cookies are wiped
>
> (1) when the original window is closed, or
> (2) when a Konqueror process dies, or
> (3) when *all* Konqueror processes die?
>
> Somehow I suspect you mean (2).  But sometimes users will browse with many

Nope. I mean #3.  The cookiejar preforms reference counting of all windows
accessing a specific site.  Any cookie set by that site is not deleted until
all windows accessing it are closed or the process dies (a crash).  Of
cource, this is minus any un-identified bug(s) that might cause this to fail.
Regardless of the remaining issues however password/cookie caching will work
much much better and consistently under the upcoming KDE 3.1.

> This is an issue, perhaps, for the KDE usability team to examine?

No need as we (the two developers involved) have had a long debate
discussion about it and decided on the above course of action based
on our own experience and constant request we have about being able
to open a new window on specific sites that use cookies.

> (still using 3.0.x)
:)

Regards,
Dawit A.