bad feature

Keunwoo Lee klee at cs.washington.edu
Fri Oct 25 22:03:53 BST 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Dawit A. wrote:

> On Thursday 24 October 2002 14:30, Keunwoo Lee wrote:
> > and closing Konqueror doesn't wipe the cookies.
>
> Wrong.  True that was the case before, but starting with KDE 3.1 session
> cookies are properly treated as such. Infact there is even a feature to
> allow you to treat "all cookies" as session cookies so that they are
> deleted when you close konqueror.  Of course there still might be bugs,
> but those should be reported so they can get fixed.

Hmmm, does that mean cookies are wiped

(1) when the original window is closed, or
(2) when a Konqueror process dies, or
(3) when *all* Konqueror processes die?

Somehow I suspect you mean (2).  But sometimes users will browse with many
Konqueror windows, on different sites, in a single process, or (less
often) on a single site in multiple processes.  The connection between
Konqueror processes and the user experience is rather obscure, as it
should be: Konqueror is designed to be document-centric, not
application-centric.  In this context, it's unclear to the user what a
"session" is.  This is an issue, perhaps, for the KDE usability team to
examine?

~k.lee
(still using 3.0.x)