KGet problem? ("Save Image as" in Konq)

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Sun Oct 20 11:33:10 BST 2002

I was browsing Corbis images databse, and later tried to save one preview
image.
And I couldn't do it in Konqueror.
URL (long, extracted this URL from frame-based page):
http://www.corbisimages.com/search/ReadyToBuyEvents/InfoPageOnLoad.asp?Id=14089375&SearchHistoryID=1&AppTag=EP&OldId=CB102946&LastUrl=ThumbsPageOnTBClick.asp?QuerySource=4|Query=1^EXACT~ABC^sex+appeal|TotalRows=332|StartHit=27|Action=0
Image from that page:
http://adams.corbisimages.com/Thumbs\256x256\14\08\93\CB102946.JPEG

And imagine my surprise when KGet (which seems to be launched automatically in
3.1beta2) told me that page/URL doesn't exist.

Hopefully, I had KVIew running, and I pasted URL into KView's Open dialog, and
got the image.
So, that image exists, and URL is valid (to some extent).
Why Konq/KGet reject to save it?

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)