Cookie Management... (fwd)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Oct 11 09:50:11 BST 2002

On Friday 11 October 2002 06:46, Dawit A. wrote:
> Now this does not mean that the cookie confirmation dialog cannot be
> in-lined, just non-modal. However, it would be at best difficult and
> require more overhead to add support for such a feature.  For example, in
> our case the cookie dialog has to be re-designed as a kpart so that it can
> be embedded into parts much line the "kfind" part.  If it crashes it will
> take the browser with it where as today it rarely does that it ever since
> the processes are separate.  The http io-slave that handles the request
> might crash, but not the browser.  Moreover, the part would have to be made
> up of a rich text editor to display the stuff shown in the mock-up.
> However this is done, it will definitely add more overhead than the current
> solution.

I personally think this is more a job for KWin to add a flag where a dialog
can be 'embedded' in its parent, if you really want to do it right. If we
really want to take the Mac OS X route here (yes, please! :) a whole lot of
dialogs would do something similar and it would be far better to have decent
window manager support in that case...
--
Martijn