WebDAV: SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE/POLL

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sat Nov 30 13:36:54 GMT 2002

On Thursday 28 November 2002 10:35, Best, Jan-Pascal van wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned about supporting MS-specific webDAV enhancements,
> though. I couldn't find any mention of SUBSCRIBE etc. outside MS docs.
> On the other hand, we need to make use of this in KOrganizer, if we want
> the UI to update automatically if the calendar on the Exchange server
> changes, e.g., when the secretary enters a new appointment.
>
> What do you think?

I have no objection to it although you might want to consider a more flexible
approach where the application specifies the method itself without the
http-slave needing to have any knowledge of it. That depends a bit on how
likely it is that you will need anything besides SUBSCRIBE, POLL and
UNSUBSCRIBE in the future.

Cheers,
Waldo