File Browser and Navigation Panel

Jeremy Mereness jeremym at erols.com
Sat Nov 2 20:50:33 GMT 2002

Hello.

I use Konqueror often as a file browser, and I am used to clicking on
items in the Navigation Panel (the tree listing on the left side) and
the folder list on the right will react accordingly. Similar the to a
File Browser in a certain OS from Redmond, WA.

Can this be made to work in reverse?

In other words, open a  Konqueror (v 3.0.3 in this example) from the
command line,
'konqueror directory_name', and the right side shows the directory
listing, but the Navigation Panel on the left shows the tree for the
Home directory instead! Click around on the directory icons on the
right, the Panel on the left doesn't react!

Invoking Konqueror some other ways, such as just 'konqueror' where
both sides appear with the Home directory, and everything behaves
like it should. So how come the Panel gets unhooked in the first
example above? Is there a way to hook it back up?

(I'm not a member of this list, so please reply to my e-mail address)

Thanks!

-- jeremym