Fwd: kio: slave process dies when using https

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Fri May 31 17:42:15 BST 2002

Well, it seems like the working fix is to disable keep alive connections
for ssl, as your patch did, since turning on this header didn't solve
the problem. I'll be happy to turn the keep alive header off. Also, it
sounds like the 1.1 spec doesn't explicitly say you shouldn't send that
header, just that it's not necessary.

I think the long term solution for this is to fix tcpslavebase.cpp,
isConnectionValid. We were encountering a situation where the server had
closed the connection, but isConnectionValid still returned true, so the
kio slave wrote to the socket, causing a SIGPIPE. isConnectionValid uses
this line:

      retval = recv(m_iSock, buffer, 80, MSG_PEEK);

to see if the connection is still open. From the documentation, a zero
return value from this message only means that there's no pending data
to be read, not that the connection is closed. Maybe we can use
getpeername() to see if the connection is still valid, or maybe that's too slow.

--
michael cardenas
lead windows compatibility engineer