Javascript execution trace file

David Joham djoham at yahoo.com
Mon May 27 20:52:39 BST 2002

Hi all,

I'm trying to debug a problem in the next version of the HierMenus
javascript script and I'm running into a problem I'm hoping someone can
help me out with.

The script doesn't quite function properly in the current CVS version
of Konq, but I can't build a recreation the simulates the problem to
submit a bug on.

I know about enabling KJS_VERBOSE and what not, but sadly these have
not been much of a help.

I'm wondering if it would be (is?) possible for Konqueror to spit out
to a file each exact line of javascript that it is executing. This
execution file would theoretically create a large recreation for me.
What I would do afterwards would be to take the file and pare it down
to build a recreation that's useful to developers in fixing the
problem.

In order to be really helpful, modification of CSS properties via
javascript would have to be logged as well.

Is there an easy way to do this or to add it to Konq?

All ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

David