Form Submit Problems

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun May 19 20:48:52 BST 2002

Hi,

I just got around to attempting to track down the cause for the many
form submission bug reports we get and I found a problem in khtml.
The problem seems to be that khtml somehow ignores default settings
for INPUT elements of type checkbox and radio.  That is if one such INPUT
element has a CHECKED attribute by default, when submitting the form it
is not reflected in the data sent to kio_http.  The weird thing is that if I
then press back in konqy and submit the form again, it works.  Sometimes it
also seems to read the above attributes correctly the first time.  In any
case it is not consistent at all.  A sure way to make it fail is to add a
reset button and press that button before pressing submit...

I used the default test.html demo that comes with the GNU cgicc library
(http://www.gnu.org/software/cgicc/cgicc.html) on Apache 2.0.36...

I tested this in both the current CVS and 3.0 versions without caching enabled
and was able to duplicate the problem.  I am not sure if this is the sole
cause for all the reports we have so far, nevertheless, it is clear a bug
that needs to be fixed.

Regards,
Dawit A.