Java doesn't work here now

Till Krech till at snafu.de
Fri May 17 21:55:16 BST 2002

On Friday 17 May 2002 18:14, Pavel Troller wrote:
> > Hi,
> > please update and test again.
> > I  tested with blackdown 1.3.1 and also with a proxy.
> > The layout problem though is still there but I think this is not java
> > related. On http://www.ShellInABox.com/ these problems do not occur with
> > the same applet.
> > Greetings, till
>
> Hi!
>   Thanx, I tested it and now it *works*!
very nice :-)
>   I tested:
>   1) My shellinabox - works, no layout problems visible on a 1600x1200
> screen 2) A Java game from www.alik.cz - works
>   3) A page with 3 braindamaged applets making just a hover change effect
>      - www.pi-voda.cz. This page works reliably after years of problems -
>      obviously on or more applets didn't start. Now, all the applets start,
>      but the performance is *very* bad - on my dual Athlon 1700+ machine
> with 512 MiB of RAM it took about a minute to start all the three applets.
> And a one more problem - the Java console (yes, I noticed some news here)
> didn't close after closing the main konq window, now sits there, is empty,
> and does nothing.
>                           With regards, Pavel Troller
Will investigate these problems. There is a strange blocking problem when
applets start. One can notice it with the console which is unresponsive for
some seconds. The three rollover applets seem to block each other when
starting up. Apart from this, I rather noticed an increased performance with
most other applets, at least when they are loaded. One exception are the
Animator applets on the sun example site. They also load very slowly. But
this may be because now, the audio files are downloaded which was not the
case before.
I'll keep working on this.
greetings, till

--