khtml+css

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon May 13 19:39:52 BST 2002

On Mon, 13 Mai 2002, Rob Kaper wrote:

> Does KHTML download all referenced URLs from CSS files and not just the ones
> that are needed? That would be quite a waste of bandwidth. :-(

Correct, it downloads all referenced urls, although thats not always
necessary, right. The difficult point is that its hard to judge - it might
be dynamically assigned to some element via Javascript. Javascript-popup
menus on pages tend to do stuff like that.

And in such cases you want to ensure that you have it ready all the time.
of course I can't name a concrete case right now. it might be worth trying
to do it smarter.

Dirk