Java - problems again ?

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 28 16:28:43 BST 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Pavel Troller wrote:

>   I see big changes in java support in HEAD last days, but I have to inform
> that after a short period, when java worked for me, it doesn't work again.
>   Especially one of my "testbeds" for java - http://www.pi-voda.cz doesn't
> work. It currently freezes the jvm - it starts, shows the java console, and
> then freezes. The java console begins unresponsive and cannot be even closed.
> Stays there, although konqueror is already closed. I must killall java from
> other console to get rid of it.

If you mean those 'HoverApplets', they work fine for me. I have JDK
1.4.0_01.

>   My other testbed, http://sinux.sinus.cz/cgi-bin/shellinabox.cgi , seems
> to work better. Sometimes it works really well but sometimes the applet is
> embedded in a really very small window rendered at the top of the page in the
> middle. Although the applet seems to be running OK, in such a graphical
> representation it's useless.
>   This behaviour of both cases stands for a longer time (at least a week)
> with no visible progress related to the changes in CVS.

These changes where the long outstanding second part of LiveConnect. Java
to Javascript calls. Thanks to Till Krech, I finally got these to work
with real world applets. The applets you name, aren't using these.

Regards,

Koos Vriezen