MMB opens in new tab

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.com
Mon Jul 29 04:44:59 BST 2002

Le Dimanche 28 Juillet 2002 16:42, Doug Hanley a écrit :
> Zack Rusin wrote:
> > Yeah, it's great but it still doesn't work with some mimetypes. To try
> > it go over to www.kernel.org and click on one of the changelogs, in
> > fact try to open any link containing a reference to a simple txt
> > document in a new tab. I just compiled kdelibs and kdebase and I get an
> > error box when I click on any link referencing anything else than a
> > html page, the error box says
> > "Could not create view for text/plain
> > The diagnostics is:"
>
> I don't get that over here, for me it works just as excpected.  Maybe its
> something else thats causing the problem.  However, I do have a build from
> about a week and a half a ago (except for konqueror which is new).

Hi,
I've just rebuilt and I'm seeing that too..

konqueror: KonqRun::foundMimeType text/plain
konqueror: ------------- KonqViewManager::addTab starting -------------
konqueror: 1Views
konqueror: 0x81d9770
konqueror: currentView=0x81d9770
konqueror: docContainer=0x81d5064
konqueror: KonqFrame [KonqFrame pointer (0x81d4ff0) to widget KonqFrame,
geometry=700x396+0+83] visble=1 containing view 0x81d9770 visble=1 and part
0x82fc778 whose widget is a KHTMLView
konqueror: KonqViewManager::createView
konqueror: Trying to create view for "text/plain"
konqueror: KonqFMSettings says: don't embed this servicetype

It seems caused by the recent decision to open text/plain into kwrite by
default...
But is it that more generally, each time the preference is to open the link in
an external application, the Tab creation will fail ?

G.